måndag 19 april 2010

Some Good News and Some Bad...

So last weekend I discovered that something is wrong with my texture-coordinates in my model-class. I spent the saturday trying to find out where the problems, still haven't found it. Then I tried to workout the normals/lighting, turns out I still need to read up a bit on that subject though...

So then I turned to another thing I will be needing in order to create a good game engine for the iPhone, I'm talking about sound. My first though was to use the Apples' SystemSound, but there was some major limitations to that, such as not being able to use soundclips that are longer than 30 seconds and perhaps the biggest limitation, that SystemSound isn't played immediately but put in one of Apples' queues. So I decided to go with OpenAL. I found a couple of great tutorials that showed the basics, then I tried setting it up.

Right now I can load in a soundclip and have several different "sources/speakers" play that soundclip. I have a couple of more things I would like to add 3D sound, either using OpenALs or making my own. Oh yeah, I did another concept-sketch!


That's all for now, I really want to get the engine ready for production now!! Excpect more more info soon :)

Joakim Rosenstam

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar